Cook time: ~1 hour
Ingredients: Red Lentils (1 cup), Yellow Onion (1/2), Lemon (1/2), Olive Oil (1/4 cup), Cumin (1 Tbps), Tumeric (1 Tsp), and Veggie Broth (4 cups).
Optional Ingredients: Fresh parsley (garnish) and pita bread.
Servings: 2 filling servings!
- Dice onion
- Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into pot.
- Sautee diced onions until lightly golden brown.
- Place Red Lentils into pot. Sautee them for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in Cumin (1 Tbps) and Tumeric (1 Tsp).
- Pour 4 cups of Veggie Broth into pot
- Set kitchen timer to 50 minutes and place lid on top of pot
- Keep lid on top but lightly mix and check on pot every 5 minutes or so.