Cook time: 1+ hour
Difficulty: Easier than it looks 😉
Ingredients: Braggs Liquid Aminos (1/3 cup), Cremini Mushrooms (8oz), Olive Oil (2 tbsp + 1 tsp), Grapeseed Oil (1/4 cup), Onion (1), Salt (3/4 tsp), Flour (1/4 cup), Pepper (“plenty”), Soymilk (1/3 cup), Potatoes (3 lbs), Parsley (1/4 cup), Corn (1 cup), Peas (1 cup), Tempeh (2 8oz packages), Garlic (3 cloves), and Bullion.
Servings: 8 servings.
- Take inventory and gather all of your ingredients in one place
- Peel and boil potatoes for about 20 minutes (until you can comfortably stick a fork in the potato)
- While potatoes are boiling crumble tempeh into bite sized pieces (not pictured below… yet!)
- Heat skillet lightly coated with Olive Oil (2 tbsp) then throw tempeh in, lightly cook it.
- Combine Braggs Liquid Aminos (1/3 cup), Olive Oil (1 tsp), with water (2 cups) into the skillet and let boil for 10 minutes
- Slice your mushrooms (8 oz), dice your onion into 1/2 inch dices, and save them for later
- Remove lid from skillet and continue to boil until most of the water has evaporated (estimated 5 minutes)
- Drain the tempeh in a colander while returning the pan to the stove top with medium high heat.
- Sauté your diced onion for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the tempeh from step 8 back in.
- Then add your sliced mushrooms from step 6.
- Add dried thyme (1 tsp).
- Add ground coriander (1 tsp) and let this cook for another 10 minutes until the mushrooms are juicy and the tempeh is slightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat 2 cups of water (in electric kettle if you have one!)
- Mash potatoes, add Soy Milk (1/3 cup), Grapeseed oil (1/4 cup), Salt (3/4 tsp), Pepper (“Plenty”), and mix until smooth… Add more soy milk if you want to have a creamier consistency (recommended).
- Add bullion into the 2 cups of boiled water.
- Add flour (1/4 cup) to mix with the broth
- Once step 14 is done then add corn (1 cup), peas (1 cup), and flour and broth mix to cook in skillet until heated through
- Chop parsley (1/4 cup) and throw into skillet and stir.
- Let thicken for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly coat casserole dish in olive oil, pour tempeh and veggie mix into dish, coat the top with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes